add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake vs corsair fans

tech_geek100
  • 15 months ago

So I am wondering if thermaltake riing plus Fans are any good (including the software) corsair hd and Ll and software are obviously great but they burn a bit of a larger of a hole in your pocket. Any thoughts?

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked at both Corsair and TT Addressable RGB fans along with Cooler Master, Antec, Akasa and Silverstone. Most of them require additional controllers and you need to watch how many RGB components you put on a circuit due to amp draw. I was going to use my MSI Mystic Light, so i did not want to run iCue for the Corsair Fans. That being said, I just bought three 2-packs of Deepcool CF140 ARGB fans for under $40 each. They can move more CFM than the Corsair ML Pro ARGB fans and are almost as quiet for HALF the PRICE! Amazon is selling the DEEPCOOL CF120 3 in 1 packs for $60. Thats $20 a fan.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Sweet deal! Do they run off a mobo rgb sync software or use a controller? Because I am looking along the lines of multicolor with controller. Mobo doesn't have rgb

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

The multi-fan packs come with a controller. Per the Amazon add: "If your motherboard does not have 5V ADD-RGB 3-pin header, you can use the included cable controller to connect the RGB extender cable to realize SYNC of these three fans and 3 more DEEPCOOL addressable RGB devices, such as CF 120, CF140, RGB 200PRO "

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

so i could plug the controller into a standard 4 pin fan and it controls the rgb, correct?

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

There will be two wires. One for RGB and the other to power the fan. The RGB controller appears to have a SATA power connector for power.

Your best bet is to follow this link and download the installation PDF before you buy anything. Make sure you download the PDF from the link to the 3 in 1 Kit and not the single fan (which has no controller). That will show all the wiring. DEEPCOOL RGB Accessory page

Good Luck.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

THANK YOU!!

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a sata power cable and an extra 4pin fan header, I should be good!

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I just went through several packs of Thermalstake's Riing Plus RGB and Pure Plus fans as I was working through a couple different case set ups. In both cases, the fans didn't look appealing when you had to look at them from the back side because the frame just gets in the way. So, if you place these on the bottom as intakes, you'll see the frame and, for me, it just undermined the point of having such fans in that position. Also, because the Riing Plus have the lights arrayed on frame case, as opposed to the center of the fan, if you look at the fans from an angle, you see each individual light and, for me, this was unappealing.

Choosing between the 2, I'd probably go with the Pure Plus and only use them for intake to avoid seeing the frames.

Oh, the software, while a little janky to get used to, for the Thermaltake fans was pretty easy to use.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube