add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
billybrahms

12 months ago

I have about a $4,500 budget for the PC parts alone for my build, and I plan on doing a custom loop. Here is my current possible parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dThwnH Anything that you would change or add? (The $4,500 budget is for the PC parts only, as I have more money for the custom loop parts). This build is going to be used for mostly gaming and some CAD work. I have all of the peripherals from my current build but I wanted to try a Corsair keyboard for this build.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

Most CAD programs prefer single core performance to a lot of cores, but can also utilize GPU. You have a good balance of parts here for CAD and gaming. If you have the money why not just go all NVMe and save yourself some cable runs? Do you have some sort of network storage that you can back up to? Other wise another HDD might be a good idea to run in RAID 1 for some sort of backup.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

You forgot a cooler. Since it seems you're siding with corsair products, then may I suggest the h150i. Also, change the 970 Evo to a Pro. Better reliability and performance.

P. S. Make sure that you are not using alot of pwm splitters on your Commander Pro. Max current it can handle is 4.5A

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I might do a custom loop that's why I didn't include a cpu cooler. And I might do a different storage setup so I still have to think about that. And I don't think I'm going to do full RGB, I might build in the Thermaltake A500 since it's a nice looking case but I still have to think.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube