add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ram issues?

desacrate2013
  • 13 months ago

Just built my PC and aura synced my ram and GPU and motherboard to the temp warning setting.worked flawlessly for a day and a half and as I was gaming the ram and mobo started to once every 20-30 seconds flash quickly a orange/yellow color and returned to green status and did so for about 30 min. Then I lost video output had to switch off power supply to power off and tried to turn back on and see if anything changed and no luck. Any input or ideas are greatly appreciated

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 13 months ago
  • 1 point

You can try to do a CMOS reset that will remove any changes made to the BIOS settings. This can help when a computer refuses to boot. There are two ways to clear the CMOS. First option is described in the motherboard manual and requires you to short two pins on the motherboard with the PSU being unplugged. For the second option you also unplug the PSU and then remove the CMOS battery (usually a CR2032 lithium button cell battery) for a few seconds. While you have the case open also make sure that all components and cables a firmly seated.

You'll need to boot into BIOS afterwards and redo your settings (XMP/D.O.C.P, ...). To make sure that nothing overheats you can run HWiNFO with the sensor tab open and then lunch a demanding game. Assuming the flashes were your configured temperature alert simply tab out of the game when it happens the next time and check the T(DIE) current and highest values. Should you use NZXT CAM, this might also be able to show you those values.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Another thing, if you had XMP enabled and it happens again, you can always reduce its clock to a lower value. To do so enbable the XMP function in the BIOS and then set the RAM clock to 2666MHz instead of 2933/3000MHz.

You can also create a bootable MEMTEST86 USB drive and check your RAM for errors. Faulty RAM chips that cause a massive amount of errors usually lead to blue screens.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Did the CMOS reset and started it up and immediately the ram flashed the weird yellow/orange color. Mobo remained green the whole time. All the temp were perfect granted it's been off all night and I literally just powered it on for 15 sec

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Also looking for a USB drive to try out that memtest86. Will post if that shines some light on this

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube