add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help! coil whine issue

tech_geek100
  • 14 months ago

I got a gtx 1060 3 days ago and I believe there is a slight bit of coil whine. weird thing is that on minecraft at 300 FPS the coil whine is high and very, very hard to hear. on Forza horizon 4 at 60 FPS the coil whine pitches lower and is more audible. is it a power issue? whats the problem. also, i can still hear it when i minimize the forza horizon 4 page but when i close it the whine immediately stops (same story with minecraft). I can run youtube without hearing any coil whine. It appears that the more taxing the workload the lower pitch the coil whine is. I may be wrong but it sounds like a portion of the sound is coming from the PSU, its hard to tell. Is the whine from the GPU caused by the PSU? this is the rest if the system build in case it is a different part. PLEASE give your thoughts and guesses

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube