add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

QVL Has QC, Will DC Work?

eritter
  • 17 months ago

Starting my first build, so sorry if this is answered elsewhere but I tried finding it and couldnt.

Basically the title says it. I'm looking at the MSI B450M Bazooka and the Team Vulcan Red 2x8 3000mhz kit. Partspicker says everything is ok, and the MSI QVL has the RAM listed but only the quad channel version. I'm assuming I should be fine with the dual channel kit though?

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

RAM is RAM as long as it fits it should work

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Not always at the highest overclocked speed though.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

PC part picker's compatibility check as far as I am aware, does not reference the motherboard manufacturers QVL lists. Just that it's the correct "type" of ram DDR3/DDR4 ect. The most important take away for ram is this, the QVL lists from a particular vendor show you what has been tested to work on that particular motherboard and AT the speeds and timings listed. IE the least amount of hassle for getting your system up and running at the speeds the particular kit is rated for.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube