add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Reservior top port.

kendiggy

11 months ago

So, I have the EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 pump/reservior combo. Just wanna know if I can use the port that's in the lid as an inlet port. Manufacturer's instructions say it's not meant for an inlet, only as a fill port, but I've seen people use that set up on reserviors. Anyone ever do it and know what the difference is? I have to imagine that all you'll get is the sound of trickling water, and even that might be muffled pretty well.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

It shouldn’t be an issue since the water just needs to end up in the reservoir eventually anyways.

The noise will be an issue, same with getting all the air out of the loop. But it shouldn’t harm the pump in any way

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I'm gonna try it, if I don't like it I'll change it.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

It can be, you're just more likely to have difficulty getting the loop filled is all unless you create an alternative fill port.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ooh, that's a good point. Maybe I'll use a Y or F splitter to create another fill port.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

That's certainly an option!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube