• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Kobay 1 month ago

Hello, my friend is wanting to buy a pair of headphones. He wants it to include a mic that doesn't pick up much typing or background noise, so essentially a headset. He specified a budget of $40. He may game for 2-3 hours as well so the headset shouldn't be uncomfortable. I found a HyperX cloud core for around $50 bucks, maybe I should help him pay that extra $10? The cloud core seems like a great headset and I got the cloud 2. Comfort is great, audio quality is good and mic is serviceable. Since the core is similar to the 2 but without the 7.1 surround sound, would the core be a good buy? Or is there a better option?

Comments Sorted by:

xbiker12 1 point 1 month ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FWNp99/logitech-headphones-981000536

Thats what I've been using for a few years. They sound good enough for me. (not that I have high sound quality standards. I just play games and watch movies with them)

Kobay submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Hmm they are out of budget because we get them here for more than $60. I had the G230 before I got the Cloud 2, comfort wise, they are ok.

Derp88_ 1 point 1 month ago

I have the cores and they work great, I would definitely try to get them.

Kobay submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Good to know!

EuphoniumsNStuff 1 point 1 month ago

Arctis 3's are very comfortable for long sessions and have a great mic. They sometimes drop to $39.99 but it's rare. The core is a great option too.