add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is the best Anti-Virus software today?

ktran714

12 months ago

Title asks it all. What is THE best anti-virus/malware software today?

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 3 points

Unless you need it for some professional security gaurding lots of important files, malwarebytes will do fine.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

just the usual protection against malware, viruses and the things alike. hackers as well

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

Then just malwarebytes and don’t do stuff like piracy or other stupid ****.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

My usual recommendation right now in the free AV space is Bitdefender, but there isn't necessarily a 'Best' AV. There are a number that perform extremely well, just with their own pros and cons that are subjective. For example, Microsoft's Defender actually has a pretty good detection rate now but also a lot of false positives. Kaspersky might offer more options but that comes at a small performance hit.

Even if you have the specific software, it means nothing if you ignore warnings, deactivate parts for convenience, etc, and it doesn't protect what's out there on the web- your online shopping accounts with all your credit cards, your game accounts, your data stored in the cloud.

So yeah, Bitdefender. Back up your data regularly. Use a scanner like Malwarebytes just in case. Make sure your firewall is on, passwords secure, and you are using safe practices on the web.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I’ve used a lot of one av’s and I like malwarebytes the best

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

In the last 3-4 years the AV rankings haven't changed in almost every magazine. Kaspersky Total Security and Bitdefender Total Security has been ranked either 1 or 2. I can't remember if it was 2018 or 2017 that the US intelligence community has stopped using it but for the common individual it should not an be issue. Kaspersky is Europe's number 1 selling AV for years. I have used them for the last five without issues. I am switching to Bitdefender because it was on sale and I wanted to try them out. I will also point out that Best Buy in the US has stopped selling Kaspersky products (you can google the story).

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

oh. interesting lol

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

malwarebytes or norton.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're using windows then windows defender is fine for every day causal uses, but if you like to go on "one of those sites" then malwarebytes or bitdefender, panda is also good

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

i was thinking of using both malwarebytes and bitdefender. are they both the same thing? cuz i think malwarebytes scans for malware only and bitdefender is anti-virus+malware protection as well, right? would both work together?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Bitdefender free actively blocks malware. Malwarebytes free is just a scanning tool. If Bitdefender doesn't notice something, Malwarebytes should when you scan.

Malwarebytes does have a paid version that offers active protection, but I haven't recommended it for years.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

is malwarebytes premium not that good or something?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Just not that worth it. Free versions of other antimalware apps do the job just as well if not better, and unless there are specific features of a paid solution you want, I don't recommend paying at all.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Little late but..... Probably the 3 best AV would be Avira, Kaspersky, and Bitdefender.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

Here you can find performance test, malware removal and real world protection tests. This is probably best site

https://www.av-comparatives.org/consumer/

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

You can try McAfee, Malwarebytes or BitDefender. These are the 3 best anti-virus software options which are very effective to fight against today's malware or virus attacks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube