• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

FivePercent 1 month ago

Hello all, I need help deciding between cases.

The ones I have in mind are Corsair 500D RGB SE, or 700i

The AIO coolers either Corsair or NZXT either Kraken x62 or the new RGB Corsair 280mm

Comments Sorted by:

Phreakwars 5 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

With the Corsair 500D RGB SE, you already get the $99 LL120's, so if you are going RGB anyway, all you'll need to do is buy a few more for the case to load it up.

As for the AIO, seems to me you are going for aesthetics here, not performance. My personal opinion of AIO's, is get whatever you think looks right for you, and try to mount it in front, not top. With that being said, I'd focus more on what the AIO's CPU mount can do in the RGB department and care less about what the AIO's fans look like or do since I'd already be using the fans from the LL120's to push in cooler air to the radiator. In most situations, what I end up doing with the extra fans, is either toss them on the shelf, or if space permits in the case, use them in a PULL config inside the case. This way you get AIO with PUSH/PULL.

FivePercent submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Thank you for taking the time replying and giving me your honest recommendation

Phreakwars 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Remember, if you "can" do a push/pull and are worried about noise, the corsair software can help alleviate that. Push/Pull is much better then doing just a push or a pull, but it tends to use up space, and is kind of overkill if you are looking for a clean look. That's why I usually toss the extras on a shelf. The important thing, is that you balance air pressure, and let heat take it's natural route up without a radiator obstructing it. You'll get better CPU/GPU temps under load.

FivePercent submitter 2 points 1 month ago

I'm going to stick with a push like I have now, I don't overclock and my cpu now doesn't really go past 50c under load. Appreciate the extra info!