add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions for a cheap case (ATX Mid/Full)

Friedman163

11 months ago

I need a cheap case for a build that I am going to sell on craigslist. I was wondering what would be a good enough case for that? I was thinking maybe $30 or less, but I guess a Focus G for $50 is not too over budget? I looked at DIYPC cases and they seem decent. Any input helps.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kV7CmG/diypc-case-p48w

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZHmxFT/fractal-design-focus-g-black-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-bk-w

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know about the first case, but I built in the focus G and liked it. From the pictures I subjectively like the Focus G better. The first one looks like it will hide any cable management problems better. Since the Focus G Has 2 front intake fans included I added a rear exhaust pan to mine for better airflow. That would increase your cost.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

How was the cable management for your Focus G?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

There is room behind the back panel for cable management, but there is no power supply shroud so you can't hide as much as in other cases. As a result you will probably want to make sure your PSU had black cables. I attached my GPU power cable to the front of my drive cage and some of the front panel connectors to the rear using zip ties. That neatened it up quite a bit.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

You could do a cougar MX-330. 2 USB 3.0 headers and good airflow/cable management.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I have no idea for a 5.25 bay. Some may want it but we do have USB ports so idk LOL. anyway thanks for the list.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube