PCPartPicker

• Register

Opinions for a cheap case (ATX Mid/Full)

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Friedman163 1 month ago

I need a cheap case for a build that I am going to sell on craigslist. I was wondering what would be a good enough case for that? I was thinking maybe $30 or less, but I guess a Focus G for $50 is not too over budget? I looked at DIYPC cases and they seem decent. Any input helps.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kV7CmG/diypc-case-p48w

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZHmxFT/fractal-design-focus-g-black-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-bk-w

Comments Sorted by:

worstcaster 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

I don't know about the first case, but I built in the focus G and liked it. From the pictures I subjectively like the Focus G better. The first one looks like it will hide any cable management problems better. Since the Focus G Has 2 front intake fans included I added a rear exhaust pan to mine for better airflow. That would increase your cost.

Friedman163 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

How was the cable management for your Focus G?

worstcaster 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

There is room behind the back panel for cable management, but there is no power supply shroud so you can't hide as much as in other cases. As a result you will probably want to make sure your PSU had black cables. I attached my GPU power cable to the front of my drive cage and some of the front panel connectors to the rear using zip ties. That neatened it up quite a bit.

Phreakwars 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Love the focus G, but need to ask what your needs are. Do you need a 5.25" bay? Those are pretty useless these days but some want them for BluRay, media editing and HTPC setups.

If it's just to sell, try:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Other APEX Apexgaming A2 White-W Glossy White Edition Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $37.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $37.01
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-02 23:31 EST-0500

Also available in black for a bit more.

It's cheap and it gives you a 5.25" bay with front USB 3.0

USB 2.0 ports are pretty pointless and useless these days, so it's best to find a case that goes full USB 3.0. Plus it ads a little flair with a side window allowing you to toss in a couple rgb fans and make it look cool.

Otherwise, here is a link to some sub $50 ATX-mid towers for your consideration:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007583%20600545969%204025%204093%20600030545%20600030551%20600545971%20600311671

IMHO the MasterBox MB600L makes a great choice as well.

Friedman163 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I have no idea for a 5.25 bay. Some may want it but we do have USB ports so idk LOL. anyway thanks for the list.

Ranceattack 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

You could do a cougar MX-330. 2 USB 3.0 headers and good airflow/cable management.