• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Jdlite 4 months ago

Just got my hands on a new Vega 64. Im reading all over about voltage and thermals with the stock blower that it comes with. So what I'm getting at is what are my options on cooling this. I would like an aio cooler, saw the alpha cool one. I was thinking of the liquid cooling unit gigabyte has or something like that. I think that's a 120 fan, not sure. But 240 would be best I think. Any idea would be appreciated.

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 5 Builds 2 points 4 months ago

120mm AIO units are usually okay enough to keep the GPU cool, although not sure what Gigabyte AIO your refrerring too?

That Alpha cool one will do the trick also so should be fine. Note on those alphacool ones, only the core and memory is watercooled, the rest of the block is passive and thus secondary area's will be warmer like the VRM's. Should not be too much of an issue if you have case air flow going over that section.

Other solution is a full loop of course.

With that said in the Intrim, you can undervolt the card, while it will not reduce temps massively as your already at the limit of that cooler, it may help to smooth out clock speeds drops and rather stick at a more consistent level.