add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H200i / ROG Strix B450-I cabling advice

mroshaw

12 months ago

My first build and it's an mITX one at that. Not having a whole lot of fun with it, to be honest!

I bought a SilverStone SX500-LG SFX-L PSU and am really struggling with managing the power cable layout in the H200i case, along with an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I MB.

My main problems are:

• The 24 pin MB power cable JUST fits, and is pretty taught. I worry I'll damage the PSU or motherboard sockets
  • The 2x4 pin AT power is so short that it literally goes from the MB straight over the GPU PCI slot, down a hole and into the PSU. There's just no way I can then install an RTX-2070 GPU into that slot without having to lift the AT power cable and there's simply insufficient length to do that. I haven't received my GPU yet, but there's just nothing whatsoever to spare with the power cabling.

Has anyone fitted this motherboard into this case and have some advice on cable management? I've yet to get the thing to even POST (subject of another thread and potentially a result of my disastrous encounter with the CPU cooler) but once I've got it up and running (pray to God,I haven't foobar'd the CPU), I want it tidy and safe.

Photo of power problem

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $289.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus - ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard $149.33 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $284.99 @ Corsair
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $227.99 @ Amazon
Case NZXT - H200i (White/Black) Mini ITX Tower Case $120.64 @ B&H
Power Supply Silverstone - 500 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply $94.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $119.98 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1287.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-25 05:31 EST-0500

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Your issue would be the shorter cables that come with the smaller SFX units. You have two options.... You can either buy extensions for 24 pin and 8 pin. There are other colors but went with the white because of your case. You might want to consider getting one for your GPU too.

https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Extension-Motherboard-Connector-PP07-MBW/dp/B00B46XJQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543170904&sr=8-1&keywords=24+pin+white+extension+silverstone

https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Sleeved-Extension-Connector-PP07-EPS8W/dp/B00B46XKK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543170943&sr=8-1&keywords=8+pin+white+extension+silverstone

or get custom cables for your psu...

https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

Awesome, thank you! Bought these, looped the cabling through the back, and the end build looks EPIC!

Thank you!

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Great!!!! You're welcome! :)

• 12 months ago
  • 0 points

go to youtube to search h200i, you will find the answer. The best case with cable management but u made it so hard.

• 12 months ago
  • 0 points

cpu cable should go back of the top hole

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, brilliant, thank you! Learned my lesson and now have a very, very nice looking build! :)

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, definitely! I had to swap the 2.7 slot Palit Jetstream RTX 2070 for a 2.0 slot Zotac Blower and that arrives tomorrow. Splurged a bit on a 29" UltraWide monitor too, so looking forward to getting it all finish by the weekend! :)

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube