add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Painting a GPU shroud and backplate?

JoTheThot
  • 15 months ago

So I plan on buying the gigabyte vega 64 as it’s the only reasonably priced Vega 64 out of the literal three options at the minute. The only thing I don’t like though is the orange accents. I was wondering if I could remove the shroud and use a heat resistant paint to paint over the black (not the copper plate on the backplate of course, just the orange accents)

Would this be possible? Also, any paint suggestions?

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

That would work, or you could find a compatible custom cooler.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Like that Nzxt one where you can hook up a radiator to it? That one doesn’t support Vega but if you could find one, let me know

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Enamel paint that works on plastic. Some paints have a primer built in, those are pretty good too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh97W8ZHfpgmLuUEnkcRbgA

This guy is my primary source for these kinds of questions, so check out his videos and see if you find what you're looking for.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube