• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

subtlexgaming 1 month ago

Hi All,

I will never know as much about audio as some of you and I want to be sure I get a headset + amp that I can use which would give me the best shot at being successful. Budget is not an issue, but if its egregious I will wait until early next year to upgrade. I was using astro a40's + mix amp which seemed louder than anything I've used in the past, but they broke. I had won some Hyper X Revolver's at a Fortnite event, but they are much much quieter. Any suggestions? I know the beyerdynamic 990 pro's come up quite a bit, but I didnt know if that was just because Ninja uses them. I also have heard that the Sound Blaster x7 or w/e is a gamer tax product, which I wont pay if I don't need to. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated from you audiophiles and preferably a competitive fps gamer audiophile :)

Comments Sorted by:

TopHatArmy 1 point 1 month ago

here is a few options based on budget,

$50: HS50/hyperX cloud stinger,

$100: Arctis 5/Cloud Alpha/Gpro headset/HS70,

Up to $200: Arctis 7/G4me One(sennheiser)/PC373D(sennheiser)/g933/g533 and more....

slkipp 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Add Massdrop pc37X to that.

subtlexgaming submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Is there any AMP that I can get with any of these headsets? I've liked sennheiser in the past, so I'll look closely at those options.

slkipp 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

most likely won't need them. Your Z370 Gaming Plus has a ALC892 which is quite competent as far as onboard audio goes.

HOWEVER, if you do find you need an AMP/DAC-AMP because your onboard has issues:

• Hissing

• Static

• Low volume

• Other issues

Then a good DAC/AMP start with is the Fiio E10K, ~$75. Which from personal experience I know can drive any of the above headsets., easily. It'll drive most headphones easily until you get into the multi-hundred + super high impedance stuff.

subtlexgaming submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Thansk slkipp. I'll try the onboard audio first. I like my audio probably two loud though, so I'll probably try the AMP too for sheer volume for fps competition. Thanks for the recommendation. $75 is easily doable, I was looking at the sound blaster, but everyone said that was a gaming tax..it was 300+.

Evil_Paroxysm 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

PC37X and a GSX1000/AE5

Or MMX300 and a GSX1000/AE5