• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

nulldotzero 3 months ago

Hi all, I will be converting my custom loop from soft to hard tube, so I bought Barrow tubes OD12. Then I saw its internal diameter is 8mm, versus the "regular" 10mm from other brands. Is this a problem or maybe it's better in some way? Will it be harder to bend or affect performance?

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 5 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

I use barrow and they are great fittings.

What tubing and fittings do you have exactly? Normally with hard line tubing and compression fittings for hard line tubing, normally its only the outer diameter that matter's as you clamp down and secure said tubing from the outside, the inner diameter is not an issue really.

In terms of bending, it would mean the wall is 2mm thick rather then 1mm thick, but with proper tools will not be hard to bend really. For performance, it will not be affected to any noticeable level. Simple reason is, tubing, even with that thinner diameter is rarely the most restrictive part in the loop, blocks are.

nulldotzero submitter 1 point 3 months ago

Thank you again for helping out, my friend! I got everything from Barrow down to the bending tools. I was thinking the same but just wanted to make sure. So I got PETG tubing OD 12mm / ID 8mm (PG1208-L) and compression fittings (TFYKN-T12). Somewhere I read that the thicker walls are actually better but don't remember where.

Radox-0 5 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

Yup you will be fine. The tubing and fittings line up fine. Can test it for yourself if you have bits already, just stick tube into fittings, put on a compression fitting and it should be a snug fit and not easy to just pull the tube out the fitting with o rings and compression fitting in place.