add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 770; Upgrade Time?

.Elusive
  • 16 months ago

I was wondering if it makes sense to buy a new GPU, coming from the fact that I own a 770, not a 2080 :)

If so, what GPU should I consider buying? I've seen that the 770 is comparable to a 1050, so should I get something newer than that, or what?

I'm interested in running Fortnite, Battlefront, PVZ GW 2

Thank you

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I was actually just in your shoes. Was on a 770 and was looking to upgrade but not sure how far. I actually ended up going with a 970 4GB and have been pretty happy with the performance jump. I've seen quite a few 970s going for $125-150ish so depending on your budget you could even move up to the 980 or 980 Ti.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on your budget. Go with a 1070 if you can. Or now since the 2070 series is out, and that is within your price point, then give that series a go.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Check craigslist and other used sites for 900 series or 10 series.

[comment deleted]
  • 16 months ago
  • 1 point

at least 1920 x 1080, and at least 60Hz.

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube