add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Watercooling 1080ti

bcobb94

14 months ago

So my goal is to delid and watercool a 1080ti for max performance and good temps I would be open to keeping the stock air cooler on with just deliding for those temps are okay from what I've gathered... I've got a FTW3 1080ti gaming

I don't want to dump 500$ into an ek loop, and the NZXT loops are ugly as all get out. Is there a 'simple' (watercooling newbie) watercooling solution for gpu's that isnt ugly like nzxt or expensive like ek?

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Evga makes a aio kit for the Ftw3, also a few aftermarket air cooler exist, Alphacool also makes a aio kit for the ftw3 linked Here

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you mean by delid the GPU?

You likely (hopefully) mean simply re pasting the GPU in which you clean up and repaste the thermal paste.

But anyways as Bengy mentioned there is aftermarket cooler's with the alphacool and EVGA's own FTW kit being some of them. Would try to opt for the EVGA kit as it has a second fan which will provide active airflow to the power delivery area's. Similarly would keep in mind that the Cooler already on the FTW3 is actually very solid. While moving to either of those AIO solutions may see a benefit in terms of hitting a few higher steps and / or keep noise down a notch, it will not be massive improvement. Would try the repaste first and see how you get on.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube