add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

All Out Custom Cables

diddies

14 months ago

I am doing a hefty PC build this month and buying tons of parts on Black Friday that will contain 24 fans inside of the Corsair 1000D. However, since I am doing this, I want to go all out on the custom cables and pretty much make my own. I also want to make the fan wires the exact length and every cable the exact length. I have been watching some YouTube videos on how to do this, but have some questions that haven't been answered. For example, I understand making the 24-pin and the other main cables, but what if my cable fans aren't long enough. Would it be a good idea to just make cable extensions out of 22 gauge wire or would it be better to cut off the end of the connector and attach 22 gauge wire to the wire and solder them together for the exact length, or unsolder the wires from the fan and make the wires the exact length that I want and solder them back on or another idea?

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

if you dont want to make your own just buy from ensourced or something, ensourced has really good support and quality

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I can do the main custom cables but unsure about fan cables as they are attached to the fans.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube