add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

XMP Profile on Asus B450

aaron2143

14 months ago

Can anyone point me in the right direction on enabling the xmp profile please? i built my first PC this weekend and everything went very well but my memory is running at 2133 instead of 3000. My motherboard is an Asus ROG Strix B-450 F Gaming. Thanks guys

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you checked the motherboard manual?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the only thing i saw in there was this under AI Overclock Tuner. Maybe this is the same thing? I did change it to 3000mhz here but not sure if it actually worked.. I have went through everything in the bios and have not saw XMP Profile anywhere. Maybe this setting is the same thing, I am a noob.

Chapter 3: BIOS Setup Memory Frequency This item allows you to set the memory operating frequency. The configurable options vary with the BCLK (base clock) frequency setting. Select the auto mode to apply the optimized setting. Configuration options: [Auto] [DDR4-1333MHz] - [DDR4-4000MHz]

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there manual memory overclocking support?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

try a manual overclock

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Look for DOCP which is Asus's memory overclocking profile for AMD platforms. It's basically XMP.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I remember seeing DOCP but dont know much about anything in the BIOS so i didnt want to screw stuff up. I will give that a try and see if it works.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure you know how to clear cmos before you start messing with stuff. I don't see a button so you'll probably need to use a jumper or remove MB battery but the picture I was looking at was kinda fuzzy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube