• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

RainOfPain125 2 months ago

Currently I am using Logitech's G430, which is decent audio to my standards but the headphone quality is terrible. There is a very specific part on the headset that has broken off very easily the last two times I ordered them - which ultimately made the headphones un-wearable

I'd like to make a proper setup consisting of a XLR microphone and a good headset / headphones. Since I think I'll get the XLR mic I don't think I'd need a microphone with the headset, but I'd still appreciate it none the less in case the xlr were to break or not work or etc.

I'm just looking for something that sounds good, and doesn't have any weak-points that would easily break the headset. IE build quality and audio. I don't want to spend anymore than 40$ =)

Comments Sorted by:

slkipp 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

WHY do you think you need an XLR microphone?

RainOfPain125 submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Extremely great noise-canceling / background suppression and no USB connection. XLR cable to audio interface to 3.5mm cable to motherboard.

Plus I figured if I got a good microphone I'd never need to worry about it ever again. Plus I like to record and sing sometimes for fun.

PenceThug12 1 point 2 months ago

I think it's hard to find a good one with XLR microphone for your budget. Do you strictly require the XLR mic?

RainOfPain125 submitter 1 point 2 months ago

I already have a setup for what XLR mic I want, I was just asking what headphones I should get for 40$.

slkipp 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

For $40... Samson SR850.

PenceThug12 0 points 2 months ago

Oh sorry, I misunderstood that part of the post. Hmm. Among the best ones below $40 is the one you already have... but if you're willing to add a few more bucks to that budget, you can get a Corsair HS50. Corsairs have a great in quality