add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

recommend me a gaming keyboard

LiteEmUp

16 months ago

at this moment, im using a $20 wireless logitech keyboard on my desktop... its not bad, but i would like to upgrade it

so here is what i'm looking for:

• price max i'd go $200; preferrably under $100
  • good response time; althought i really don't know whats a good response time lol
  • not too loud, where i can here someone typing from my room towards the kitchen..
  • don't know much regarding cherry brown's black's, red's etc...

so again here are the keyboards i checked on bestbuy:

• corsair k70 rapidfire (mx speed) 149.99

• hyperx alloy elite rgb (mx red) 139.99

• hyperx alloy fps rgb (silverspeed) 107.99

• logitech g513 silver 129.99

• guy from bestbuy recommended me k95 as the best to buy if budget is not important.. and the corsair k 70 or 55 if budget is an issue...

• again i read some reviews from other sites and k95, huntsman elite are one of the highly recommended keyboards... not trusting those reviewers since they are likely paid shills...

any insights are greatly appreciated...

So edit 1: currently i'm leaning towards k95 or k70, but i need someone to really blow me out of the water to convince me of better options than these 2...

edit 2: browsing around here, i found https://www.amazon.com/Glorious-Modular-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B01D8YNJH0?th=1 and it definitely intrigued me due to making me feel like a truly belong lol

edit 3: SO now i'm narrowing it down to between Glorious Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and Ducky one 2 RBG... still about a month away from black friday, so any more recommendations are welcomed... also prefer something like mx brown, as i want a responsive key and at the same time a quiet one.. also recommend me some really good custom keycaps

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

QUESTIONS. Do you NEED a number pad. Do you mind wireless? Do you want a clicky key switches or linear switches? The Anne Pro 2 is a great wireless mechanical keyboard, with kailh box red switches, super smooth. Corsair products are overpriced for the low build quality of corsair.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Whether you read it or not, because it will help you learn things, I recommend the Ducky one 2 rgb.

Fullsize - https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4283

Tenkeyless - https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4284

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

i checked this one... definitely seems promising... i will have to research this one more..

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

It's way higher quality than any and all of the keyboards you listed and other keyboards from gaming brands (however cooler master masterkeys are quality).

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

can you possibly recommend me coolermaster keyboards..

and also i did some research regarding Ducky one 2 rgb and so far i liked what i've found from the reviews...

is the keys replacable like the Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard??? it feels like the 2 are nearly the same..

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Any of the coolermaster keyboards from the masterkeys series are good and they come with software.

Also the keycaps on the Ducky one 2 rgb and any other mechanical keyboard for that matter as long as they fit the switches are replaceable. However the switches aren't. The switches are replaceable on the GMMK.

The difference between these two keyboards is 1. the quality, because gmmk doesn't have as good stabilizers or keycaps and 2. gmmk comes with software. It's also worth noting, you're able to get better switches on the gmmk than Cherry mx switches such as Kailh box switches.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Check out the redragon k550 Yama. Or just redragon keyboards in general. Good stuff for the money

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

i checked this on Amazon Prime... looks interesting, including the features, unfortunately the reviews are not encouraging... still going to add this on my watch list if a good price drop comes by...

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

It's 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon? Alot of the negative reviews were over the color options. Idk just seemed like a good budget option with all the right features. All the big names are $100 plus

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

when i look at reviews, i look at recent reviews to get an indication of current quality of items...

and some of the negative reviews that caught my attention was: * keys not responsive after buying it recently.. not lasting a few months

• firmware support questionable( maybe coz of being a chinese brand; no racist offense, since im asian too lol.. its just chinese products have a negative stigma of questionable reliability)

• lights dying out less than a year of usage..

maybe i'm just being nitpicky, but i'm always looking at negative reviews to determine the quality of a product....

so does this keyboard has replacable keycaps???

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

No I definitely understand, nobody wants to buy junk lol. According to their website yes the key caps are replaceable. There are some reviews on YouTube as well. Once I receive mine I will get back with you and let you know the quality

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I've had a K90 for ~8 years so I'd have no trouble recommending the K95 on Cherry Reds.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube