add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What size of tubing?

galacticPerson

13 months ago

Making a custom loop parts list, what size of tubing would a Phanteks Glacier C350i/a need? It would be flex tubing not hard tubing, this is our first custom loop.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

In such a small system, it doesn't matter that much. I tried to find a video I watched a while back where a guy tested his temperatures with three different sizes of tube and they were identical. He concluded that in a larger system (non-computer system), tube diameter might matter more depending on variables not present in such a small system. So I'd say just buy some quality non-kink tube that fits the aesthetic that you are looking for.

In most situations, I prefer thick over thin.. But that's me.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty sure it was LinusTechTips that did the tubing diameter testing

It makes no real world difference outside of looks, although it can change bends, kinking, etc

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Might have been.. I watched it back in 2013 when I built my Haswell machine and considered going a different diameter depending on the performance difference.. Ended up staying with 1/2" ID/3/4" OD.

[comment deleted]
  • 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant it more of what type of tubing would fit in the holes, but you're saying they all do?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a fitting

So buy the right fitting size for the tubing diameter and you should be fine

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I know I need fittings, I know everything about a custom loop except Tube Size. I just need to know if every type of tubing will fit with my block.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Your block can’t fit any tubes

You have to buy fittings to connect to the blocks and then the tubing to it

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING IT.

[comment deleted]
  • 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe it was Linus actually.

Yeah, here we go: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TZefYQmIx7w

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube