add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Stereo system / mod opinions for my car?

JarJarJamal
  • 19 months ago

So I recently bought a 2002 wrx sedan for around 1000 from a good friend of my dads, but it doesn't have an engine.

Apparently you can still buy brand new engine blocks and headers from Subaru.

For mods I've decided on (but haven't purchased): 1) Ported WRX heads / New engine block -Purchased

2) BC 280 Cams 3) Invidia N1 Turboback exhaust (Bellmouth or divorced) 4) Blouch 18g turbocharger 5) Cobb accessport 6) HKS SSQV4 Blow off valve 7) Perrin cold air intake 8) Maybe an intercooler

1) Coilovers 2) Tires

I'm new to the car world as i'm only 16, but i have literally zero knowledge about speaker/stereo systems. I'm looking for speakers that can handle HEAVY bass where they won't sound washed out and empty. As far as the stereo goes, i'd most likely be looking for a bluetooth system.

Help?

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

As far as subwoofers go you could go with JBLs, Memphis, SPLs, Kicker (depending on the model), MTXs, so on.

He'll, even some Sony Xplods can sound decent and hit hard for cheaper. If you're not an audiophile I'd say keep it simple.

Note: Been years since I've done anything car audio related but I was pretty into it back in the day.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I've built several systems for my cars and for my son. I'm currently researching what I can put in a 2017 Challenger. Are you just looking to swap some speakers and add a head unit? Or are you looking for a complete system to annoy the neighbors? Are you doing the installation? What is your budget? Obviously there is no limit to what can be spent. Bluetooth is readily available in many head units.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Isn't it mandatory to own a vape if you drive a Subaru WRX???

Jokes aside, I legitimately like WRX's. They seem to be great cars. I've driven them one two different occasions and they are awesome! My buddy has a new one I would die for.

I would check for speakers on Crutchfield and have someone like Geeksquad put them in. You might be technically savvy enough to install them yourself, but it's a hassle and you need to worry about getting things apart without breaking them, etc. To me, it was well worth the money I spent to have them do the work since they know what they are doing. At least the two guys I had do it. I can't speak for anyone else. For bass, just get a box to house 2 12" subs, get a 1200 watt amp, and a capacitor. I had this setup in my first car I got when I was 16 and it was a lot of fun. Sadly I am finally getting rid of it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube