• No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

esotken 5 months ago

I am looking for a headphone w mic that falls in the below criteria:

1. not too expensive, preference is $100 or below, but no more than $150 USD
  2. decent quality mic nothing too cheap, or too fancy. aka just gets the job done
  3. I like to be able to listen to my surroundings while listening to the game, so a headset that can fold away one earpiece, or something like that would be wonderful
  4. It would be nice if it came with a Y splitter, but its not a deal breaker
  5. name brand means nothing to me

I am asking because I do not even know where to begin to narrow down my search. There are soo many options its not funny

Comments Sorted by:

Evil_Paroxysm 5 Builds 2 points 5 months ago

Sennheiser Game Ones / Massdrop PC37X

Open back headphones, high quality mic, flip up muting, and on earcup volume control. Comes with additional cable that uses single 3.5mm jack opposed to the out of the box mic/audio.

Cons: above your $100 mark but only by about $25

esotken submitter 1 Build 1 point 5 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Headphones Sennheiser - CC 510 Headset $69.95 @ Amazon
Headphones Sennheiser - M2 IEG In Ear With Microphone $99.95 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $169.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-17 09:40 EDT-0400

These two seem interesting, I am not sure if a earbud style mic would even work right on a computer situation though.

Evil_Paroxysm 5 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

Legitimate question here... are you joking?

Follow up: Whats your usage/what do you want out of it?

joking? no I like to be able to quickly put on/take off headsets, also I find full headsets too bulky

usage is mostly voip, nothing flashy

usage is mostly voip, nothing flashy

Figured after seeing what you had been eyeballing, Thats a completely different category than what 99% of the people here would recommend for. I was recommending for a full audio quality and good mic standpoint with gaming and general audio in mind.

I admit I know nothing about office telephone style headsets but I have to imagine it wouldn't be worth spending $70 on one.

more like home office, just looking for something simple that gets the job done that works well, very hard hole to fill. May just end up getting something like a blue snowball or other basic microphone standalone and calling it a day.

cbalmaceda 2 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

Will the Massdrop PC37X work fully with an Xbox one? On the massdrop page it keeps talking about its excellent drivers and volume knob, but I want to know if the Xbox will utilize these to the fullest (I know PC would but..)

I've already got a headset + standalone mic for PC, but am in need of a headset with a built-in mic for my console. Thanks in advance.

Yes, its just a standard analog headset that uses 3.5mm jacks

I use my Game Ones with the 2013 Astro Mixamp Pro for consoles when I decide to use them

cbalmaceda 2 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

Nice! I'll keep this as a solid option then if I can't get my standalone headset and mic to work with the console.