add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

DIY case, specifically MOBO grounding.

Siwini
  • 16 months ago

Does it ground through the power cables, or does the "mount" need to be metallic? I was going to use brass standoffs for aesthetic reasons, but wanted to use acrylic or maybe glass for max transparency. Think Victorian style bird cage meets terrarium. Or maybe really thin wires from standoffs to frame?

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

If your AC outlet is up-to-code, and you're using a proper PSU, then those will do the job for the motherboard.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I was thinking, but researching it led to reading several discussions on some other sites that only added to my uncertainty. Thank You, :-).

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube