add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How Secure Should Custom Loop Tubing Be?

JM01
  • 17 months ago

I’m putting together a loop for the first time in a long time, and I’m using Primochill Flex SX fittings with Primoflex Advanced LRT tubing (as the fittings prescribe).

I’m concerned that the tubing shifts with minimal side pressure, such as fitting the opposite end of that tube onto its barb, and it completely pulls out with about the same force as pulling off a latex glove. When I fitted an old XSPC fitting onto the same tube it took several seconds of force to dislodge it. When I tried an EK fitting I couldn’t get it off at all.

Is it reasonable to expect the Primochill fittings to hold tubing more securely, or is the resilience I describe above sufficient?

All responses welcome, thanks for reading

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Check your exact tube diameter (outer and inner). I've used EK-Duraclear 15,9mm/11,1mm tube in my loop and had no issue with EK 16/10 fittings. On the other hand I wasn't able to fasten a non brand 16/10 fitting because it was simply not compatible with my ID 11,1mm tube.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube