add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP PLEASE WITH NZXT H500 OR H500I

General_C
  • 16 months ago

I am having dilemma. Currently I have the Phanteks p300 or 400 ( I forgot), its a great case but with only a 1050 and ryzen 3 1200 I can feel the heat on the glass when I game ( overwatch, LOL)

Now, I'm building another pc but since Im going to have a rx580 and ryzen 5 1600 and I would like a case that cheap (below $100) has great air flow, psu basement, cable management, and is good overall.

The Nzxt h500 matches all but airflow. I do not know if it has good airflow bc it seems that the only way intake fans in the front can get air is by the little dots to the right of the case front, which I think is alot like the p300 in that its restricting airflow.

And whats the diff between h500 and i version?

Now people are talking about it having negative airflow and that it actually helps the temps inside the case, I am not an expert in that so I NEED to know before I make a costly investment in this case.

Does this case keep my components cool?

(Also I was considering the meshify c but its too expensive, I am poor)

TY FOR HELP

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

H500i has a smart device which is basically just a fan controller and a lite version of the Hue+ that NZXT offers, whereas the H500 does not include this device. That is the only difference between the two cases. Airflow is pretty good once you add fans to the case, and that stock fan is not gonna be enough.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Also I don't think the H500 can vertically mount a GPU.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I see, idk how vertically mounted gous became a thing, what's the point?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Shows off the front of the GPU at the loss of airflow for the GPU.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok, i see

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

So my plan is to add 2-3 additional fans to front and keep the two stock fans as exhaust, will that work? Also how much more expensive is the I version than the regular h500?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

H500i is 30$ extra.

You can only put 2 fans on the front, either 2 120mm's or 2 140mm's.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, so should I put in 2 140mms for extra air intake?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes that will help.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thank you

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube