add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

G502 proteus spectrum VS G502 hero

aaron2143

15 months ago

Anyone had both of these to notice a difference? I can get the spectrum for $40 and the new hero is $80. Wondering if the newer one is worth the price difference..

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really. They are both the same mouse, except the Hero has an upgraded sensor and 16,000 DPI up from the proteus 12,000 DPI

Get the Proteus. You won’t regret it.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah there really isn't much difference. the sensor is very similar, the clicks go from 20 to 50 million actuations (hooray?), there are 5 on-board profiles instead of 3, and the cable is slightly thinner if that really matters. If none of those things matter, just go with the Proteus Spectrum for that price.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks guys, from what I've saw this mouse looks like a good choice. Didn't think there was much difference for a higher price. Can't wait to order! Only a couple more parts to order and my build will be complete!!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm not sure lol I'll try it and see

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube