add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hardline watercooling but havent even used an AiO yet

HotShot_01
  • 16 months ago

So I've got a PC in mind that's white and orange themed after something star wars related that i'm a huge fan of. I think hard-line water-cooling would look amazing with this build, however i have 0 experience in cooling besides just aftermarket fan CPU coolers. I was wanting your opinions if it would be smart to start of with a small water-cooled build with an AiO cooler to get an idea or should i just jump into tubing when I've got the money and just learn as i go?

I've always been a fan of just jumping into things with not a lot of preparation but i know this is very different and also possibly more complicated than simply connecting up tubes and hoping nothing leaks as i know you need special fittings and pumps etc.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

If your careful and patient enough then sure you can go hardline. My first build was hardline custom loop off the bat after a few days with an air cooler and went fine with some patience. Do your homework, take your time to plan and you will be fine. An AIO will not teach you anything of significance when it comes to custom loops IMO. You mount it them pretty easy, no real difficulty and just like mounting an air cooler.

There are plenty of guides out there and tips out there for custom tubing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube