add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Painting RAM Heatspreaders?

Mighty_Spoon
  • 16 months ago

Is it really worth it, and how would I even go about doing it?

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nRdeBSoyc

Basically, you take a heatgun to remove the adhesive that holds the heat spreaders onto the RAM module, and then you paint it. It's usually not worth the effort unless you're going for a very specific color coordinated build, and want to make sure that all the parts share the right colors. If you want to add some intricate design to it, just know that the only part you're going to see most of the time is the top of the heat spreader, and there's not a lot of room there.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I was going to paint a black stick of Hyperx Fury white, but that would probably need a thick coat in order to show up anyway. I just didn't want to sell and buy new ram because of prices being so high. I can wait, though, I suppose. Thanks for your response!

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQIal_982fE

Here is another video. Same thing that if you are going for a specific aesthetic then go for it, but know that it WILL void any warranty you have on the painted part. If you don't have a warranty and have some extra time, I would say go for it. It will be a fun project and add some personality to your build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube