• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ThePickMan 6 months ago

I'm not an audiophile and don't have much experience with sound stuff so I don't know what to look for. I'm looking for headphones within the $300 price range. My priorities from most important to least important (but they are all still quite important) are:

• Sound-Quality
  • Durability
  • Comfort

I don't really know what kind of specifics too look for as this the the first time I've looked into making a serious headset purchase. What I do know is that every 'gaming' headset I've ever bought has been mediocre and started to fall apart after a week or so. They also look tryhard as Hell.

A mic is not important to me in the least. In fact I'd rather not have one as I hear they take up space and make a headset worse than if they were just purely headphones.

Comments Sorted by:

Zeromus725 2 points 6 months ago

I am also not an audiophile, but I do know that Sennheiser is a well respected brand on the audiophile Reddit page. Maybe try looking at the Sennheiser official website.

Radox-0 5 Builds 1 point 6 months ago

I would add the mass drop 58X into the mix. They are back on for 150 dollars and are very nice. I own the 6xx and had the K7xx and preference is towards the 58x they are real nice and for 150 an absolute steel. Having said that I prefer the AKG 712 Pro over all of them, but they seem to have shot up in price massively recently. With that said, it’s very personal as to what someone likes sonically so read detailed reviews if you can of each.

cbalmaceda 2 Builds 1 point 6 months ago

I purchased the Sennheiser 598 SE open-backed headphones earlier this year and they are phenomenal. They also go on sale from time to time on Amazon, as I got mine for $171 new back in April instead of the current $395 listed price as of right now. If those go on sale again, I would highly recommend it. I've been using it constantly and I've not noticed any sort of degradation or wear.

The build quality is fantastic and the sound is great. I can wear them for hours upon hours and they do not cause any ear aches. For music, I personally haven't owned a better pair of headphones. I also use them for playing games and as expected they deliver well in detecting footsteps and producing a realistic sound-space. They do not come with a built-in mic and they are open-backed, meaning someone sitting next to you will be able to hear the sounds coming from the headset quite easily. For this reason, I just leave them for my personal use at home and do not bring them to work.

[comment deleted by staff]
ThePickMan submitter 1 point 6 months ago

Which one would you recommend the most?