add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Javild27
  • 17 months ago

What are some easy PC mods? I don't mean things like cutting holes or making backplates, more like putting Screens to display temps and adding light strips.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 3 points

It depends on what counts as a "mod" rather than adding standard components. Some that might qualify:

• Spray-painting the chassis
  • Replacing the stock case fans with better ones
  • Buying a commercial 5.25" bay device, such as a fan controller, card reader, or drawer.
  • 3D-printing parts, such as mounting brackets, from a pre-made model on Thingiverse
  • 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm sprat painting seems cool.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

I’m sure the LCD screen one could be done with a Raspberry Pi, since I hear all about it being used for utilities on a PC. Just need a way to power it.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Good idea. A Raspberry Pi Zero can be connected to a host computer as a peripheral, appearing as a USB Ethernet device: https://learn.adafruit.com/turning-your-raspberry-pi-zero-into-a-usb-gadget/overview Use an adapter to connect the Pi's data port to a USB header on the host motherboard. You'd then need to write a program for the Pi to receive instructions on the network from the host computer and display on the LCD.

There are Pi mounts on Thingiverse that you could 3D-print and use to mount it within the host computer chassis.

The Pi Zero has a USB-OTG port and can be powered off the same USB cord used for data.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s easier just to buy a small hdmi screen and connect it to your pc

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Vertical GPU mounts with a bracket, putting a nice sleeve around your AIO tubing, applying stickers to stuff like the PSU shroud or CPU cooler pump, in the Meshify C you can cut some stuff in the front panel to give space for a fan in there, etching a tempered glass, putting little figures inside, you can take a panel to a convention and have it signed by numerous people, put crystals or something like that inside, etc.

Those are the only ones I can think of atm.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube