add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Colour Planning

Oniard
  • 17 months ago

Im planning an to make an Black/White build (maybe White/Blue) in the near future and currently i only got the case: Gamemax M-908, but would like to get some help with the colour distribution ex what is gonna look best in White and vice versa. Im willing to plastidip it, and i have an white XXL mousepad and all black keyboard, Mouse and Headset, maybe im gonna buy white keycaps to my K95 to make it look better. I am looking for the RTX 2080 and I7-8700k the rest is up to you.

Sebastian

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I would like an modular PSU to(=

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Look for white RAM, Motherboard heatsink covers, and black/white (Example: Noctua Chromax) or LED fans. You can find PSU cable extensions very easily, in alot of colors and patterns - check Amazon. Or you could go with the expensive route and get Cablemod cable replacements.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice ive googled it and especially white ram looks absolutely gorgeus. How would you think i should paint the case the make it fit the build if i follow the above?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Either you paint the entire case (inside and/or outside, up to you), or you find small parts of the case to paint. Think expansion slots, the PSU cover, the sides around the acrylic side panel.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Again thanks for your ideas i will upload some photos when I'm done probably around 2 weeks more

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Do i need to buy black plastidip too or can't you see the height difference between what's painted and what's not?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Height difference? Do you mean if you can see the difference in color of all the black parts? Like, the difference between one black part and another black part? In which case, that depends on how much effort you want to put in. You can always set the system up, and if you don't like that the blacks are a bit different, then you can buy some black plastidip.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

I think he means will the edge of the white paint be flush with the black paint. The answer is no, there will always be a lip - however small. But, if you use bevels or the texture of the components as a border, it will hide the lip quite nicely. Mask off the area, take your time with the tape, use an exact-o knife to cut it to size. Bitwit has a pretty decent custom paint guide from a few years ago. Also, while I haven't worked with plastidip, my understanding of it is that it rubs off pretty easily. I'd rather use actual spray paint to reduce the chance of damaging the finish during assembly. If you want to conserve a texture of a component but still paint it, the best way is to mix 3 parts paint thinner and 1 part paint, put it in a spray gun and apply it that way. You'll get a nice thin coat without filling in the texture (knurling, etc...)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube