add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU wall mount

StaticShock
  • 17 months ago

I decided the empty space behind my monitor would be a better place for my components than in their current home. A nzxt case in an enclosed bay of my computer desk. I have the supplies, the plan, the know how, and the time/money.. The only thing I am not sure of is the mounting of my EVGA GTX 1080 SC ..

My current thought for how to mount my GPU on a piece of acrylic and maintain good air flow all around it is use standoffs. So my question is 2 parts.

1. Are the screws in GPU coolers unique or are they generally a standard size? M3 perhaps?

2. If anyone knows a better way to mount a GPU to a piece of acrylic than using 4 of the cooler screws, I would love to hear it.

My thoughts right now are, if I am lucky a standoff would be perfect. If the threads are different I will get a long bolt with the same thread as the card and make a spacer to keep it off the board a bit. Any thoughts?

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube