add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is having a DAC all that important?

ericmitchell321

14 months ago

Hello everyone. I just recently built my first gaming pc and was doing some research for a good set of headphones. I think I'm sold on Audio Technica's ATH-ADG1x. After reading some reviews I keep hearing about "DAC" with plenty of people basically saying it's a necessity. I do want a great gaming experience, I'm very much into FPS games but I play a wide variety. I would also like to enjoy movies/ music on my PC. How important is this "DAC"? I am just now leaving the console peasantry so bear with me.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 3 points

the hyper x cloud 2 provides a built in soundcard, with virtual 7.1. just one usb connection, which goes to the soundcard, which then connects to a 3.5 jack, so you can unplug them and use them on a mobile device too. if you are set on those headphones then don't bother with a dac, they're really only for audiophiles/professional use

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you for the info!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you for the info! I really appreciate it. The reviews I read must have been written by complete audiophiles because they all acted as if you NEEDED a DAC!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube