add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My Parts List and a Question

aaron2143

16 months ago

Guys,

Here is my final parts lists and i have a question about the included RGB fans that came included in my case. (I'm a noob) https://pcpartpicker.com/user/aaron2143/saved/

So my case came with 3 RGB fans in the front and 1 non RGB fan in the back of the case. The 3 in the front came all connected together down to one molex/peripheral connector. Do i just connect all of the fans straight to the power supply with the peripheral connectors or can i connect them to the mobo? The mobo has mystic lighting and said something about it controlling the fan speeds and such as needed. I would like to connect them to mobo to take advantage of the features if I am supposed to. Not sure if it matters or not but the 3 RGB fans came with a remote to control them... Just looking to find out if i can connect them to the mobo or if i have to connect them direct to power supply. Thanks

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Do not connect the rgb fans straight to the power supply my advice is to plug them into the mobo. You should be able to control them that way. You will see a lable on your mother board that wiill say sys fan. Plug them in there. If you don't have enough headers get one of these. https://www.amazon.com/LEDdess-Splitter-Computer-Sleeved-Braided/dp/B077W1SG19/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1536695635&sr=8-6&keywords=fan+header+splitter

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright sounds good thats what i wanted to know. I think it has like 6 fan headers on this mobo.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure you plan out your cables it will be messy when you build if you don't. When you build have everything you can put in first (drives and fans in along with sata cables) and do all the cable management you can. Your motherboard should go in second to last with your graphics card.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info, i have been watching tons of youtube vids lol. Doesn't look too difficult to do. From a video anyway haha, I did go with a semi modular PSU for that reason to help me out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube