add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best internet provider in Sunland/Shadowhills area (Cali)

JarJarJamal
  • 20 months ago

I’m pretty much right next to Burbank, and after a literal NIGHTMARE with frontier it’s time for a new service. I’m not looking for the most expensive/fast internet, as I will be one of the only people frequently using it. I’m looking for GOOD speeds, and GREAT BANDWIDTH. With frontier, all it took was one other person to get on the WiFi network and I was already 1200+ ping. I would generally get roughly 70-80 ping, but once someone else needed to look up something I might as well have just turned off my computer.

I don’t want to go through that again, I called frontier several times and they couldn’t give a rats ***, they sent a technition out once and he accomplished **** all

Help?

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Well first you need to figure out if it is a bandwidth issue or a router issue.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I had two routers from frontier and both ended up giving me bandwidth issues so I’m assuming it’s a bandwidth issue

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

What are your speeds supposed to be? (For reference, im actually a former frontier help desk tech, while i cant fix your issue I did actually figure out most issues)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

100 MBS, and it seemed to be fine but sometimes it would have several extremely high ping counts (over 2000) which i think was a router problem.

the main problem was the bandwidth, and whenever id download i'd literally get kb/s not even mb/s

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Downloading wont be the same as your dedicated speeds (I have 400mbps and steam downloads at 52.2mb/s for example).

So then have you also tested hard line into the router at all? Does it also happen then?

Do you run on 2g or 5g wireless?

If you have issues while hard lined with the same type of thing its more than likely a service issue, cant be fixed unless they get their act together.

If you dont get those issues anymore then you may want to look into a 3rd party router.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya I figured, but the download and upload speeds should be nowhere near that slow

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you run a speedtest? ex, speedtest.net

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube