add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H60 high rpm speeds on pump concern.

Songster
  • 73 months ago

Hi guys.

I have a BIG concern. I installed the Corsair H60 cooling setup, in my case a few days ago. However, after viewing the temps on my CPUID, I noticed that the block unit on the CPU itself, has a fan speed rpm on average of 4500 rpm! YIKES!!! I am VERY concerned because, I did seat the block correctly on the CPU, and the temp readings for the CPU are around 33C on idle and around 53C on max. But even with that, is the fan spinning WAY to hard to keep it cool like that? Or is that the normal speed? I read on a few forums that, that is a correct rpm speed for it, but I''m still uncertain.

The fan on the radiator is spinning at a good speed at around 1150 rpm, so that on is just fine.:) Thanks for taking the time to read this.:)

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

For the information of later readers of this thread...

AFAIK it's the pump that is running at around ~4500rpm not the CPU fan. The OP must have the HD60 pump connected to the PWM CPU fan header. This speed-reading seems to be correct according to everything I can find on the net. If a fan were running at 4500rpm you would certainly know it!

[comment deleted]
  • 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahhh, ok!

Thanks Mrlucky!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube