add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU underprefroming

FluffyButDeadly
  • 19 months ago

I just build my first pc with an intel core i7 8700k and a GTX 1080ti. After I started playing a couple of games I noticed my GPU was way underperforming in nearly everything, so I decided to run a user benchmark and it said that my pc was "Overall this PC is performing below expectations (30th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 70 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas." So Ya i don't know what to do. I know for sure i am not running on Intel integrated graphics my, monitor is plugged into the GPU itself I even tried to overclock my GPU but that didn't it help. It only managed a +79 in MSI afterburner and it was only at 25% GPU utilization. Tho i will probably return this gpu and get RTX 2080 ti when they come out instead. Maybe.

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you post a link to your userbenchmark results? They sometimes contain helpful informations like CPU not running at full speed. Also check your CPU temperature.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you do Windows update (assuming your using Windows) and get the latest drivers for your GPU?

Honestly 30 percentile sounds about right for a system that was just booted up after install and no updated drivers.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube