add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CableMod help

ReverseFlash

17 months ago

So I have a few questions, I started looking into CableMod for my first build but I can't seem to figure out a few things first of all I wanna get all Black and Blue cables for my PSU but Idk the difference between a cable extension kit and a cable kit. Also My PSU doesn't show up on the compatibility list: https://cablemod.com/compatibility/ Here's the PSU link: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/R2mxFT/corsair-power-supply-cp9020103na Will it still work?

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Cable extensions are "extensions" that are put at the ends of your PSU cables connecting to the visible parts of your build. One end is male, and the other is female.

Cable kits offer full length cables that replace the standard modular cablea from the power supply. The kits also offer more cables, including multiple SATA and molex connectors.

Your PSU is not on the compatibility list probably because it is not a fully modular PSU. I would recommend going with black/blue extensions instead, which are cheaper and are compatible with every PSU.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome thx so much!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube