add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

minecraft new textures are decent... but the plants have too much yellow and look like they are dying.

tech_geek100
  • 20 months ago

so, the title says most of it, but how bad the plants look in the texture update is just terrible! It would fit in well if you were in a sahara biome, but in a plain, obviously they need some work.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Anyone playing the latest version needs to stop, 1.10.2 is where are the best mods are (1.7 has some good modpacks too)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. It sucks they are killing off the Java version. I can't even get FTB to work anymore(Probably a simple fix tho tbh). I used to love this game, Now the main thing keeping it alive on PC is the mods. And they are making that harder by killing of the Java.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I really don't agree they are killing off the java edition of Minecraft, because if they would they wouldn't try to continue to support it with updates or it would be receiving updates way less frequently or they would release them on the bedrock editions first (now I know 1.13 was released on bedrock edition a few days before the java edition but I think that there would be more of a delay between releasing the update on the bedrock edition and then on the java edition if they were truly trying to kill the java edition of the game). But hey that is just my opinion and the things that I said may not be facts so you can think whatever you want about Mojang and the current state of the java version of the game :) .

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Let me rephrase what I said.

They are putting much more of an emphasis on the "Windows 10" edition in order to make development easier. As a result they are splitting the PC player base. And since their eventual goal is to make the "Windows 10" version the primary one on PC, They are making it harder to do multiple things.

For example in order to use things like FTB you need to migrate your account. The problem being that in order to actually get FTB to work again, You need to create a new FTB account with your new migrated account. I lost all my save data when this happened. I don't know if there was a way around this but I couldn't find one. I couldn't even play a game with my old FTB account because it used my unmigrated account.

Also from what I understand it is harder to make mods for the "Windows 10" version. And since all the mods created in the past only work on the Java edition they won't work on the W10 version. Also with the W10 version they are monitizing things like texture packs and skins. That was something that was easy to do on the console versions because you couldn't mod them. But now with the W10 version making it harder to mod it just makes sense that Microsoft would charge for basic stuff like texture and skin packs. I know you can still download your own skin and use that, Same with texture packs, But they do make a lot of awesome texture packs that are locked behind a pay wall. I know there are ways of getting the currency without paying, But I have not looked too much into that.

Things I do like about the W10 edition is the controller support. I don't use one but it is nice to have options.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

You've made some pretty solid points, I am glad to see your perspective on the subject !

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

if I was a frequent modpack player i would agree, but I enjoy vanilla minecraft.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahem, as a pvper, 1.7 and 1.8.9 are the best versions. They have the best mods.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Software > Games / Gaming".

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

wdym new textures?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

ok there are new textures that might be released, here's the official article

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube