add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is my GPU dead?

JarJarJamal

19 months ago

Specs: I7-4790k R9 390x Evga 650W Platinum Asus Z97-A usb 3.1

Ok so a while back (6 months) I tried to run rust but it was really slow for some reason, so I put it to the lowest settings but it still was extremely slow. So I figured it must be utilizing the integrated graphics instead of the GPU. So I went to device manager, turned them off and went back to rust. Just in time right? My screen started glitching then after like 30 seconds the display shuts off. The problem is that A) I don’t have a gpu B) I turned integrated graphics OFF so I can’t even use the computer

When I boot up my computer I get the red light from the CPU led, DRAM led, PCI E led (the one connected to my gpu) then the boot device led in that order. But they all turn off instantly. I was always under the impression that if there was an issue with something the light would stay until it was fixed?

The GPU fans spin, and all the connections are in their proper places and fastened correctly. But I still get no signal to the monitor. The monitor is working fine as I connected it to my laptop and it works. What should I do? I can’t even use the computer because the integrated graphics are on and I don’t think there’s a way to enable them without actually getting inside the software.

Thoghts?

Update: switched from HDMI to DVI and now red light above gpu is stayin constant

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Remove the video card, reset CMOS plug the monitor into the motherboard. I would try the card in anouther PC or a different card in your PC. It would not suprise me if it's the motherboard.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube