add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SNEEKY_
  • 20 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6YVqbX

I have a list of parts I want, I am trying to stay under $1200 and with a black theme with purple accents. I like all the specs of the components I have chosen, but not so sure on the 16gb of ram. Any and all advice welcome!

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I would add or swap to an sdd for the boot drive. It also looks like your monitor has no speakers, so plan for that.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

yeah add a ssd as a boot drive get some headphones and or speakers the memory is perfect becasue ryzen loves 3000mhz and check if tht b350 motherborad supports 2nd gen ryzen because 2nd gen needs a bios update for the 2nd gen procesors to work or you can skip taht and go with a b450 motherboard (if they are out, i havent been in this website since december of last year ish im still rusty at remebering things).

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for that input!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! The reason I chose the storage I did is that they are about as fast as an ssd after a few boot ups, and it provides more storage.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

a good hdd will never get close t oa good brand ssd the samsung units are the fastests i have a kingston one the speed between a hdd and a ssd in boot times is a minute compared to 10-20 seconds on the ssd part. id reccomend getting a small ssd as a boot drive and keeping that hdd for apps and games and sutch.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair enough, thank you for your time!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube