add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Game runs smoothly....Whole PC crashes

Marskel
  • 23 months ago

I built a new PC with 8GB of ram, and a Ryzen 3 2200G with vega 8 graphics. The low end titles I play run beautifully on it. Built it two months ago. But it has started showing its dark side with crashing the whole pc and giving me the hideous blue screen with ":(" saying "Your pc has ran into an error"

I'll just be playing Left 4 dead 2, high settings 60fps and wham. Out of nowhere just the whole PC has a stroke. It doesn't happen all the time and when it does it's really irritating. It does not have any problems when browsing or watching videos. Just playing games this will occur. No matter how smoothly it runs. It will happen every so often. All parts except for my 1TB seagate hard drive were brand new. I don't know if that will be the issue? Windows 10 is on a 120 Kingston SSD and all of my games are on the seagate hard drive. This PC was built for low end gaming... But how can it do that with blue screening?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

Overclocked? and whats your ram running at? dual channel?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Not overclocked and dual channel

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd still say, load the BIOS defaults and see if that helps.

Did you tweak your GPU? If not, did you buy it new or used (thus others might have tweaked it)?

Have you checked your temperature settings during gaming? What's the temperature when the crash happens?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

It's an iGPU in the Ryzen 3 2200G. Idle temperature is usually 30-38 and gaming temperature is usually 39-58

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, so no OC on the iGPU either (I have learned it a few days ago, that you can tweak your integrated graphics as well, at least on certain Intel chipset motherboards.)

Did the LOAD BIOS DEFAULTS have any effect?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly no. I crashed again. @liquidforce134 said that temps might be the problem and my room is always really hot so I have moved the PC into a cooler room and I am now going to play a game again to see if any crashing occurs (My room averages 25 degrees Celsius this time of year)

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Looked across your build, got a few questions

1: what OS are you running, also have you installed all the drivers you need

2: do you play Jedi academy with MBII? Off topic, but I have found few people who play that gem

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

1, Windows 10, all drivers are up to date

1. Absolutey ;) Played it for years.
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

What's your actual part list for this build look like?

Looking through your saved part lists, you've selected EVGA's 500W BQ model several times. If this is the one you're using, I wouldn't be surprised if it's causing system instability when placed under heavier loads.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it a bad PSU? Me and my friend have both used it. He doesn't have the crashing problem and our PC's are similarly built. Same CPU, PSU and RAM, (Though mine is 2933 and his is 2400)

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with Root_User. Some cheaper PSUs automatically switch off the system when they get to a certain temperature but that temperature will be stupidly low. With the fact your room temperature was high, this makes it an even more likely possibility. Even 25C.

Just watch the first 5 minutes of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1IwK9U7d4. You can watch the whole video if you want to learn a lot.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you have your temperatures monitored while you are playing a game? It would be a faulty temp reader so it crashes due to "over heating" even though temps are low. Temps could even be high and that would be a reason for the crashes.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a feeling temps would actually be high. My room is always really hot and difficult to cool down. Perhaps I will move my PC to a more ventilated room temporarily to see what happens

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Right now on the thermometer my room is 29 degrees Celsius. So maybe I'd say the problem is that the hot air in my room is being taken in by my PC and making little to no difference in cooling?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that is pretty hot for a computer to be running in. Not sure what options you have but anything cooler might solve your problem.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Does your pc ever restart itself randomly or the lights go off? Have you installed all your drivers?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

If this happens it could be to do with your PSU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube