add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Disable Meltdown/Spectre patches

DANIEL777

17 months ago

Hi all, Is there a way to get rid of the Meltdown/Spectre patches? I don't want to have any performance downgrades because of the fixes. All of my work is stored on a remote NAS. I'm a video editing guy and uses my PC's to render videos on Adobe Premiere Pro.

Any way to get rid of the patches would be apreciated!

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of these patches come through the OS, so it depends on what OS you're running, but basically just disable your OSes updates and you won't get the patches. Also don't update firmware (most firmware is manual update anyway though so you probably don't need to worry about that) for your BIOS/Motherboard etc.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube