add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will the i5-4670k work with Corsair H60 ?

Songster
  • 72 months ago

I'm VERY concerned because I just bought the i5-4670k and the Corsair H60 CWCH60, because on pcpartpicker here, it says it will work with it. However, I just went to Corsairs website, and it says nothing about being able to work on the Haswell Socket LGA 1150. The closest it says it works with is the LGA 1155 Socket. I hope I didn't make a mistake getting this.:(:(

PLEASE respond back to me if you know if I need to get another type of cooler.:(

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 3 points

LGA 1156, LGA 1155, and LGA 1150 use the same mounting holes for an aftermarket cooler. If anything says it's compatible with one of the previously mentioned, it'll be compatible with the rest.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi Dylan!

Thanks also man! It's nice to know that everything will be just fine. :):)

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

If it's anything like how the 100i mounted on my cpu, Id recommend buying about a dozen washers (from the hardware store) to pickup all the slack on the back of the mobo. Otherwise that cpu cooler bracket never tightens down.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Hellv!

I have my new build up and running with it, and the temps are running very cool with the setup....around 36c at idle, and around 55c at a regular work load! :)

All I need to do now is post some pics of it this coming week.:)

[comment deleted]
  • 72 months ago
  • 1 point

THANK YOU SO MUCH Gunsmoke!

I was REALLY worried there for a moment! :)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube