add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What mods should I start off with for my car?

JarJarJamal
  • 20 months ago

I did a post similar to this before but I’m gonna be more specific this time. I bought a 2002 Subaru wrx (sti swap as the sti didn’t come to the states until 2004) for 1k. Obviously I wouldn’t be able to get this car so cheap without a problem so naturally the engine is out of it/apart. I have an extra engine, but that’s apart as well and has to be rebuilt.

As far as I know, the car is stock except for the sti swap (the person I bought it from was the second owner so he doesn’t know if the other guy did any modifications), so if I had a budget around 5 or 6 grand what mods should I start off with? Engine mods would be appreciated too as I have to rebuild it anyway.

If you could give me good brand names for the parts you suggest that would be awesome. Thanks!

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 6 points

I swear the Off Topic is just becoming CarPartPicker.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Someone should make that a thing. If there isn't one already.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I would love a CarPartPicker

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Three words:

Big. ***. Speakers.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I don’t know any brand names for this part, but how about a turbocharger

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

intake and exhaust are the 2 to start with, but that wont use all that budget, so also upgrade/rebuild the turbo and related components. If the engine is out, its a great time to see about swapping the clutch and checking over the engine real good for seal condition and such as well.

Any left over cash id be putting into suspension/stearing since thats the real fun part of these cars

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I bought the car from a neighbor who talks to my dad a lot so I doubt I didn’t get cheated (hopefully).

I think I’m just gonna do small things like a tune, accessport, exhaust, might buy a bigger turbo, girthy speakers and a few exterior mods and leave the engine alone for now

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube