add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What’s your dream car(s)?

JarJarJamal

20 months ago

1) Any Ford GT (GT40, 2005, 2018)

2) Detomaso pantera/mangusta

3) Dodge demon

4) Subaru WR1/22B (can’t have either because of the classic car import rule)

5) BMW M1

6) Corvette stingray 427 (1969-72)

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 11 points

Powerwheels barbie jeep.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Real talk though, I want another ae86.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I’m more a princess peach’s chariot type of guy myself tbh

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

XDDDD

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

I know it is super old school, but I want a 1932 Studebaker President Convertible Coupe

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

That my friend is one very sweet ride. You want an original, or some sort of resto mod so it has modern engine, breaks, etc?

• 19 months ago
  • 0 points

I would make sure it is all original, I hate the thought of taking an old car and vandalising it by installing modern components beyond using modern brake components (new drums and new pads and leave everything else original if possible)

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

1978 Dodge Aspen 4 Door, red

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Back story on this, I know you might think this is a joke, But my first car ever was one of those, i was a teenager, and i did not have very much respect for what i had, it was not just a very good dependable care with a slant 6, but also game from my now deceased great grandmother. So now i really wished i had that car.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I can understand that. I'm still hanging onto my 2003 Chevy Cavalier 5 spd. Bought it with cash for my very first car, and can't get rid of her.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I had a Chevy Caprice 1996 with the corvette engine and it may sound stupid but I kinda want that thing back too lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I can appreciate that type of car lol. Neat sleeper build

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

If I'm allowed to dream...

From a pure style point of view: Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III.

From a driving point of view: Porsche 911 Carrera.

Take your reality and stuff it: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Ha ha!

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

1) 2018 Ford Mustang GT350

2) 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

3) 2018 Dodge Charger Demon

4) kinda stupid, but a 2018 Smart Fortwo, so I can take up half of a parking space

5) 2018 Lamborghini Huracan

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

1.) 2014 Shelby Mustang GT500 V8.

2.) 1970 Dodge Charger

3.) 2005 Nissan Skyline GTR R34

4.) Classic Shelby Cobra

5.) Corvette Stingray

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm a man of simple tastes...

• Daily: Golf R
  • Track: Porsche 911 Flachbau
  • Sunday cruises: De Tomaso Mangusta with a 351 Cleveland
  • 19 months ago
  • 2 points

The mangusta sure is a one hell of a nice car

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh man I would love me a slantnose 911 turbo.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

I drove one 9 years ago. Old 911's are scary...

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Audi rs5.

Luxery, high tech and an amazing engine.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this the same engine as in the TT RS?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're talking about the newest rs5, no. The TT RS uses a turbo 2.5 5 cylinder, the same in the RS3. The new B9 RS5 uses a turbo 2.9 v6 as also seen in the new porsche panamera and audi rs4( which is the same car as the rs5 but as a sedan)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The RS3 is proving to be a monster. I believe someones gone high 9's with bolt on's already.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup its a great car. With just a tune it puts down some impressive stuff.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

It's the best "Hot Hatch"

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Dream Road Cars: Mazda Miata, Corvette ZR1, Caterham Super 7.

Dream Track Cars: Ferrari FXX, Mazda 787B, 1994 Ferrari 412 T1, Mercedes Sauber C9, and last but not least one of the two Brawn GP001's

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

There’s a couple really nice MX-5s on Hemmings for decent prices, definitely worth checking out and the ZR1 has always been amazing

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Both cars are good price to performance cars I think. Just depends on what type of driving you're looking for lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

See I prefer Z06's, I think they have better price:performance than the ZR1

2012 ZR1 vs Z06:

Z06 ran 3 seconds slower on Nurburgring with same driver, worlds fastest 1/4 mile time bone stock on factory tires the Z06 is slower by .2 seconds.

Cost: Z06 $75,000 ZR1:$115,000

So essentially is 35% more money worth 3 seconds around a 7 minute + course, and .2 seconds in the 1/4 mile? :P

Now we have to see what these current model C7's will do because the C7Z took a dump on both those lap times and you can get into a C7Z for about $82,000 vs the ZR1's expected ($130,000?) price tag

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

True, I'm anxious to see the new C8. Idk if I will like it as much if it is mid-engined, but it will certainly be a neat feature. Have you seen the video of the Mule car driving around?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I've seen the car but this isn't the first time they've played with the idea and they've been "considering" going mid engine for 40 years. I think it would be wise of them to leave the vette alone and release the mid engined car as a competitor to the Ford GT. I know the corvette already swings with it but I mean in that price bracket and just go all out racecar with it.

Essentially a GM developed Factory Five GTM is what I'd like to see.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Group C, LMP, F1... If it's only made for the sake of going fast then yep I most likely like it lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

1949 Buick Roadmaster, Mark IV Lincoln Continental, any W123 Diesel Mercedes Benz, 2003 - 2004 Mercury Marauder, and any 2003+ P71 Crown Victoria.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotta love the panther platform! Marauder is really cool especially since spare parts are easy to find.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Panther platform is lyfe. If I could own multiple cars I’d have one of each lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The marauder comes with a pretty sick jacket too, and apparently they have a pretty tight car community as well. I saw one a few months ago and literally no one had any idea what it was.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Mark IV, Marauder, and Crown Vics but no love for the Mark VIII??????

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s the brand new one right?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Nevermind, the Mark VIII is the last gen before they discontinued it in the 2000s. TBH that’s my least favorite gen although the early 90s prefacelift one is alright with the thin headlights. I like the Mark VII more.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

1st nsx

lfa

997 911 turbo

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

All solid choices, I'm a fan of all of those as well.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

2018 Mclaren 720s in white.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

In no particular order:

C6/C7 Z06

GT350R

911 Turbo S

Aventador

67 Camaro SS

72 Chevelee SS 454

Factory Five GTM

To finish my Z in a way that I have envisioned in my head lol

Realistic ones are RS3 as a DD, 99-04 Cobra as just an untamed fun street car. Maybe another WS6 but I'm kind of on a modular kick and over the LS

While not really a dream car I would like to drive a stock 86 GNX

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m a big fan of early 70s muscle as well, I’d love a 69 Mach 1 or a challenger/charger I like the 80s saleens mustangs as well. Too many options not enough money lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not a huge fan of the older Mustangs but the Mach 1 was nice.

As for Mopar I am more of a Barracuda guy lol

I don't care for much from the 80's. We were in an economical gas crisis and the car scene suffered from it. Plus 80's designs were pretty bad.

The only exception is the GNX, which is the most impressive car to come from the 80's imo. The Porsche RUF Yellowbird is also impressive though.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I gotta agree with you there, 80s was not pretty for enthusiasts lmao

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

My dream truck is a Ford Ranger with a Cummins 4bt as the engine.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

My dream truck is a rumble bee or srt10

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty sure you can fit a 2JZ in there too

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

My ideal garage may change as new cars come out, but for now:

1967 Mustang Fastback (not Eleanor, that's overdone, I don't want the Eleanor body kit, and I want black w/ red Le Mans and rocker stripes)

Ford GT

Ford Focus RS500

Aston Martin DB11

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Bentley Continental GT 2018.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

'79 Pontiac Trans Am.

I Promise It's Not From This

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

86 Supra - love the looks of them

unmolested 90-91 RX-7 turbo

Any year RX-7 FD turbo

R-34 GTR

De Tomaso Pantera, especially a gt5 (so few know the awesomeness of this car)

I need another 93 B13 Nissan Sentra SE-R... in better condition that i can dump money into... That thing was amazing for a fwd car

240z with a turbo L28 swap

Lamborghini Countach LP5000QV or Anniversary edition in piano black with dark gold wheels and trim... (come on, every 80s kid wants one)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

240z with a turbo L28 swap

That's a weird way to spell LS3

De Tomaso Pantera, especially a gt5 (so few know the awesomeness of this car)

A good Pantera will run big $$$$ but they are beautiful. You can get a Pantera style rear window for S30 Z's by the way.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a weird way to spell LS3

ew...

You can get a Pantera style rear window for S30 Z's

nah. the Z on its own is just too nice to do that to... Id go with some z specific mods if anything... like the typical fender work and a small whale tail for instance...

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

ew...

So I shouldnt tell you a cammed LS1 is going in my 260z? Lol

I agree on not using the Pantera rear glass. Takes away from the Z's iconic shape

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Most overused engine series ever... It kills the heart of the beast and changes the whole character... At least it's not as bad as swapping it into an rx7 though... Would be much better to keep a straight 6 really... Even if you went rb series or even something nuts like a diesel.

Cool you have a 260 though... Dont see those too often. It's the ugly duck, so nobody bothers with them it seems... They either go 240 or 280 lol

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Most overused engine series ever... It kills the heart of the beast and changes the whole character...

Better weight distribution over stock, less weight than stock engine, and 2.5x more power out of the box. Also fuel injected which is a huge plus. As a sideline bonus I live 2 miles from the Summit Racing HQ so parts for V8's is plentiful.

Cool you have a 260 though... Dont see those too often. It's the ugly duck, so nobody bothers with them it seems... They either go 240 or 280 lol

Body wise they are the exact same, the early 260z's are modeled after the 240, and the late ones began the transition into the 280. (Bumpers and door thickness being the main differences on models aside from the engine) The reason you don't see them is because they were only made for 10 months in 1974. While the 240/280 spanned 5 years the 260z only had a few months.

Mines a 4/74 so it is essentially a 240z with more power.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Its also worth noting that only the US got the 280z, the rest of the world only had the 240/260. So any 74-78 in Europe would be a 260z but any made after July of 74 still get the chunky impact bumpers and more reinforcement for safety thus making them heavier.

TLDR 260z model is very rare in the US, but the most common Z anywhere else in the world. Though there are technically 2 distinct model differences between a 74 260z and a 74.5+ 260z

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Currently, a fan of the new Porsche Speedster, although I think I would prefer it on a poster than in real life. The two other dreams cars I like right now are the Porsche 944 S2 Cabriolet and the Abarth 124 Spider. I'm picking up both shortly.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Volvo 240 wagon with a 5 speed and a clean dsm

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point
  • International Harvester Scout II

• 1980-90 Ford F150, 250, or 350

• DeLorian (Back to the Future)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

DeLorean :P

You can still buy brand new DMC-12's by the way.

John DeLorean had a cocaine problem that led the company to an abrupt early closure. Because it was so abrupt there is still warehouse(s) with brand new parts ready to be assembled into cars that you can purchase today to your specifications.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Think there's a company out in Colorado making DeLoreans a well. Think they bought the rights or something like that, I remember seeing it in the news a while back.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya, that's what he is talking about. That company bought the rights and all the materials... So now they rebuild the cars and make and sell brand new ones... They also have a few upgrades they do for current owners on request.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

A Tesla.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Went on a ride in one once. Fastest accelerating car I've ever been in. Surprised the hell out of me lol.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Hennessey venom gt 2013

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Bugatti Chiron, Lamborghini Centanario, or Hennesy Vennom F5

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Datsun 240z. Maybe an R32?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Tesla model S

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Saw plans for model Y now, much more sick although looses some practicality.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

saleen s7

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

1996 Porsche 911. Any package would do as long as it's not convertible or targa top lol. It's the year I was born and one of the last years for air cooled Porsches, plus I think it's one of the better looking 911's. I also wouldn't mind a 964 (1989-1994) 911 as they also look pretty good imo.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

1950's Willys Pickup

Shelby Daytona Coupe

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

There's a car show I go to in Hunt Valley MD that has a guy who brings his all original Shelby Daytona Coupe. Always draws a huge crowd around it.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Since there's only six of 'em, it'd be a rare treat to see one. The word stunning comes to mind.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I want a mustang fastback

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Any variant of the GT86. Scion FR-s, Subaru BRZ, or, ideally, the Toyota 86. Also would want a turbo kit to bum it up to around 300 hp, and widebody cause it's cooler. I really love the limited edition orange 860 that Toyota put out. Saw one last week and couldn't help but drool. https://jalopnik.com/the-new-toyota-gt-860-special-edition-is-an-orange-reas-1793176842

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Evos are pretty cool, they’re just out of my budget. You can find older well priced wrx/sti’s (at least compared to the US) in the uk, sadly I can’t import any because of that stupid 25 year import rule.

Is a holden commodore one of those truck hybrids? There’s a model Holden makes that’s kind of a cross between a truck and a car and I love that thing so much

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I just saw a Focus RS yesterday, that is a beautiful blue.

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol smart car with flames, love it

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you imagine what a deer would do to one of those things though, or worse a moose??? And where would you put the hockey equipment in that thing!?? /s

I only make that joke because I play hockey and know it's super popular in Canada lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Iirc I think Top Gear ran a Smart Car into a wall at 120 mph and it held up fairly well.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

LOL

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Yh I heard that one crashed but the interior was untouched and you could still open both doors and the trunk

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

lol I know I undestand

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube