add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Saying goodbye to my old chap - What does it worth ?

hazyhope
  • 21 months ago

Hey everyone,

I made a ppp build for my current 5 year-old first build. I'd like you to tell me what you think it's worth please.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wtr6Mp

The part list contains everything I have in it right now, but to sell better I think I'll just keep 120 Go + 500 Go inside, and sell each other drive separately. So with this in mind, here's what I would buy it, used, today (feel free to correct me on this) :

• CPU Intel i7-3770k - 125€
  • GPU Asus HD7850 - 50€
  • RAM 2*8GB DDR3 1866MHz - 90€
  • SSD Samsung 120 GB - 20€
  • HDD Seagate Barracuda 500 GB - 15€
  • MB ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - 60€
  • Case Corsair 650D - 60€
  • PSU Antec 620M - 45€
  • Watercooling Corsair H100 - 50€
  • Optical drive LB blu-ray reader/DVD writer - 30€
  • OS W7 Home Premium 64 bits - 10€
  • Custom cables - 10€
  • USB3 Adapter - 2€
  • Corsair fans - 13€
  • Led fans - 15€

TOTAL : 595€

Fair enough ?

And I'd sell

• HDD 2 TB - 40€
  • HDD 2 TB - 40€
  • SSD 40 GB - 10€

Curious to hear about your opinion guys :) thanks for reading

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

You are looking at 800$ USD minimum for the whole computer (right now your proposed value converts to about 691$ USD), since I can tell you the CPU is not bad, the RAM is actually decent for Z77, and liquid cooling is always nice, and extra adapters are fun to work with (trust me when I say that). If I were you, I would sell the computer as a whole, with the exception of the hard drives since those can (and sometimes should) be sold separately.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your answer, yeah okay so not far from what I expected. But why can't I sell even at the right pricepoint :( I lowered the price to 595€ with the bare minimum storage because I thought it would not sell because the price was too high with all the drives, and that it did not suit most of the people's needs generally... But even stripped to the maximum I have a hard time seeing it go away haha, I hope the right person will come quickly

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh without the storage, I'd say 750$ USD minimum. I have a feeling people think that Ivy Bridge is bad, actually a 3770K overclocked isn't that bad for today! Sure, its comparable to maybe an i7-6700 turbo clocked, but hey, it's got some nice BCLK overclocking features that surely can't be skipped! I would recommend talk to some overclockers and see if they want to take it off your hands; good overclocking parts are an overclockers dream come true!

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I would say the CPU is about 35 less and the motherboard 10 more.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the advice, will adjust accordingly

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually I would bump that CPU up to 30$ EUR higher cus it's still a viable i7 CPU. Also, I'd bump the motherboard to 75$ EUR. Also the W7, you may wanna drop it to 5$ EUR because it will be more competing. Although I wouldn't know how you could resell the OS once it's been activated...

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

In fact I'm not planning to sell each component separately (except for the 2 TB HDDs and the small SSD), I'll sell the PC as a whole but the list on top of this page is just an estimation of what each component is worth

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah ok. Thank's for clarifying!

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

GUYS I SOLD IT !! I mean I found a buyer and if everything goes well, in around one week I'll swap the old chap for 700€. Sold 2 more drives with it. I still have a 2TB Barracuda for sale and I'll be in good terms with this build after that :)

I think it's a good sale !

In case someone goes on this topic trying to guess the price of similar components, here's how I would split in the end :

• CPU Intel i7-3770k - 150€
  • GPU Asus HD7850 - 60€
  • RAM Corsair Vengeance RED 2*8GB DDR3 1866MHz - 90€
  • SSD Samsung 830 Serie 120 GB - 15€
  • SSD Intel 320 Series 40 GB - 10€
  • HDD Seagate Barracuda 500 GB - 17€
  • HDD Seagate Barracuda 2 TB - 35€
  • MB ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - 70€
  • Case Corsair 650D - 70€
  • PSU Antec HCG-620M - 45€
  • Watercooling Corsair H100 - 45€
  • Optical drive Blu-Ray reader/DVD writer LG CH10LS28 - 30€
  • OS W7 Home Premium 64 bits - 5€
  • 5 Custom cables Bitfenix- 20€
  • USB3 Adapter - 5€
  • Corsair fans SP120 Quiet Edition - 15€
  • LED fans Aerocool - 13€

TOTAL 695€

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube