• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

mojospc 5 months ago

Hey guys. Planning my new build, first time in almost a decade. Going ITX with a Ryzen 2600 w/GTX 1060 6GB and wonder if anyone out there has experience/advice/gotchas on choosing between the h200i and evolv itx?

Thanks!

Comments Sorted by:

pegotico 2 Builds 2 points 5 months ago

The evolv itx is a 34 liters case while the H200 is a 26 liters case. The H200 is a smaller case. IMO a real itx case should be under 20 liters, so for sure if i had to pick between this two i would go with the H200i.

Now.... the evolv is probably the better looking (IMO) of the two and has a greater compatibility with liquid coolers as the H200 will limit you to a 240mm rad.

Go with the one you like the best as you'll be looking it daily. :)

JCMsergox 4 Builds 2 points 5 months ago

You're still limited to a 240mm Rad on the Evolv. It's a case I've used in my main build, and I like it better than the H200i. Pry could get slightly better thermals on an H200i, but the Evolv is much cheaper.

I'd say go for the Evolv.

pegotico 2 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

You're still limited to a 240mm Rad on the Evolv.

Not true........ On top panel it can accommodate a 280mm rad

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/yyq48d

Evolv ITX with kraken X61

JCMsergox 4 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

Oh, I thought the top could only accommodate a 240. Guess I'm wrong.

Oopsies

:)

mojospc submitter 1 point 5 months ago

Thanks :) I’ve read some reviews that say the Evolv doesn’t cool as well in its stock configuration - most likely due to the lack of exhaust fan.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 2 points 5 months ago

My config has two fans intaking onto my Radiator, which is mounted in the front. I have 2 fans up top exhausting, and a rear exhaust.

mojospc submitter 1 point 5 months ago

Cool, thats good to know! Last question I hope - how do you find the noise levels?

mojospc submitter 2 points 5 months ago

Thanks for the feedback :) I’ll most likely stick with AIO cooling. I read some users are having issues with CAM software on the h200I, that would be disappointing!

You're welcome! :)